RUM MARINATED PINEAPPLE
with mascarpone and crunchy almond biscuit
- ½ a pineapple
- 200 g mascarpone
- 50 g sugar
For the syrup:
- 300 ml water
- 200 g cane sugar
- 200 ml rum
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 vanilla
- 2 star anise
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
1 piece of ginger
For the ‘croquant de Cordes’:
- 2 egg whites
- 220 g icing sugar
- 50 g sieved flour
- 125 g almond shavings (preferably roughly shaved)
How to prepare the pineapple:
- Peel the pineapple and cut out the core.
- Mix all ingredients for the syrup and bring to the boil.
- Leave the pineapple simmer in the syrup for a little while; make sure the cooking liquid totally covers the pineapple.
- Leave the pineapple to cool down to room temperature for maximum ½ a day.
- Mix the mascarpone and sugar into a smooth cream.
How to prepare the ‘croquant de cordes’:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Lightly beat the egg whites and mix with the sugar and sieved flour.
- Then add the almonds, carefully spooning them in the mixture.
- Place a baking sheet on the oven dish and, using a spoon, place small dollops of the mixture on the oven dish; make sure to leave enough space between them.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Place a spoonful of the mascarpone in the middle of the plate.
- Nicely lean the pineapple against it and place a cookie on top.
- Finish with an edible flower and some popping sugar for an extra wow effect.
For more information on PointAlbert catering, please go to www.pointalbert.com